[arin-ppml] Preemptive IPv6 assignment

George, Wes E IV [NTK] Wesley.E.George at sprint.com
Tue Oct 12 17:37:50 EDT 2010

[WES] Not trying to minimize the pain of justifying the costs of deploying IPv6 - I've been living it for years at a much larger scale, and it doesn't get easier just because the company is bigger. However...PD space (assuming your upstream does IPv6) obviates this argument 99% of the time because there are no ARIN fees to pay. If renumbering is more expensive than the ARIN fee for PI space, that makes your business case for you, otherwise you should be using PD.

Wes George

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.