[arin-ppml] IPv6 Transition Policy (aka Soft Landing)

Christopher Morrow christopher.morrow at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 01:46:01 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> We will cause harm by being stingy with address space beyond these points.

you've mentioned (at least 2x in the last 3 days) that /48's for
consumer end sites permit heirarchical dhcpv6-PD, can you explain how
the you see this working? and more importantly why you can't do PD on
... just about any other boundary? Why can't I do PD of a /64 or /60
inside an already PD'd /56 to my home gateway? (or is this just
inconvenient?)

-Chris