[arin-ppml] Opposed to 2010-9 and 2010-12

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Thu Oct 7 16:20:42 EDT 2010

Owen DeLong wrote:

> Probably a /24. That allows a /56 for end-sites which is suboptimal
> (end sites should be at least a /48), but, hopefully doesn't consume
> too vast a swath of IPv6 in the process (roughly a  /8).

Does it provide enough space only for whom a /32 for native was enough
or for all?

Would ARIN need to get another /12 to be able to address this from a
distinct prefix? Would we expect all the other RiR's to do the same, and
could IANA be kind enough to do it on a /8?

Could we expect all and sundry to deploy 6rd under these guidelines and
how many bits would that actually consume?

And all even before any real use by real people.

Joe