[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 122: Reserved Pool for Future Policy Development

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Fri Nov 19 02:39:43 EST 2010

> The term on this is some number of months away. I doubt that we'll
have
> something worked out before the next meeting that will reset the
> expiration.
> I think it's important to start the discussion and don't see why we
> can't do
> that with this. 20 OCT 2011 is ~11 months away.

That whole Class E thing looks kinda silly now, doesn't it?

I wonder how much utility a "strategic IP reserve" would be considering
that there are bazillions of IPs available in v6 space.  I think I would
favor more of a "tough love" approach and when they are gone, they are
just plain gone.

Having those addresses in reserve is going to be nothing but a drama
generator, I think.  It is like storing up one truck load of grain for a
city the size of NY in the middle of a scarcity.  It is going to start a
fight and bickering and people demanding some of that space and each one
of them believing they are justified in having some of it.

I would lean against any "special" reserve.