[arin-ppml] Sensible IPv6 Allocation Policies - Rev 0.8

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Tue Nov 16 15:50:09 EST 2010

On 11/16/2010 2:07 PM, Charles O'Hern wrote:
> I'd like to thank these gentlemen for including love for the x-small ISPs out there.  We love you guys.

+1

I believe it is clear and removes many areas of ARINs conservative
interpretations. It provides a proper justification for IPv6 for initial
allocation without an IPv4 dependency, supports nibble alignments,
future planning, and sub-delegated ISP space. It keeps initial
allocations aligned with the same procedure as subsequent allocations.
It stops provider assignment crunch which doesn't support growth.
Finally, it gives providers a set of allocation/assignment rules which
are aligned exactly with what ARIN will use (with a liberal enough
allocation framework, that differing from the policy mechanisms is
possible so long as it's within the space justified by the mechanism).

Jack