[arin-ppml] Audits

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Nov 5 12:53:42 EDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 9:58 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> Actually, I was providing clarity regarding the
> state of the registry information on legacy resources
> and what constitutes number resource fraud.  I thought
> that was what you were asking about, but easily could
> have been wrong.

Hi John,

I'm still missing some clarity on this issue. I wonder if policy in
this area could be improved? Would you mind answering a couple of
questions for me?

>From what I observed, Ron offered a list of more than 30 ARIN-managed
IPv4 allocations which were (to a moderate degree of confidence)
abandoned and (to a lesser degree of confidence) associated with
defunct organizations.

1. Did ARIN make any assessment as to whether any of the allocations
were abandoned by their registrant? Why or why not?

2. Did ARIN make any assessment as to whether any of the associated
resource holders were defunct? Why or why not?

3. Based on any assessments made, did ARIN initiate any audit or
recovery actions? Why or why not?

Thanks,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004