[arin-ppml] Reclaiming unused IPv4 space (WAS: Draft Policy 2010-10 (Global Proposal):GlobalPolicy for IPv4 Allocations by the IANA Post Exhaustion- Last Call (textrevised))

Hannigan, Martin marty at akamai.com
Wed Nov 3 12:28:41 EDT 2010

On 11/3/10 12:20 PM, "John Curran" <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2010, at 9:06 AM, Chris Grundemann wrote:
>

>> 3) If the community adopted a policy which stated that unused
>> resources assigned/allocated to defunct organizations should be
>> reclaimed by ARIN, could ARIN reclaim such space? Would you actively
>> work to?
>
> As long as we can understand the policy as defined, we will actively follow
> any policy adopted.

I guess I'm wondering if there is a problem to solve? I thought that this
came up at a recent policy meeting; it "looks" like we aren't doing
anything, but in fact we are and that statistics would be posted to
demonstrate e.g. we have stats on fraud reporting and they clearly
demonstrate what some think is fraud really isn't.

Any way we can demonstrate if there really is a problem before writing a
proposal that is likely to be very difficult to reach consensus?

Best,

-M<