[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2010-10 (Global Proposal): GlobalPolicy for IPv4 Allocations by the IANA Post Exhaustion - Last Call (textrevised)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Nov 2 17:42:15 EDT 2010

On Nov 2, 2010, at 2:57 PM, Mike Burns wrote:

> John,
>
> How was the registration database maintained in accordance with community
> policies and yet the ORG and POC information for some legacy records has
> been changed?

Organizations with legacy address blocks may update their point of contact
information (in fact, they can now do it online via ARIN Online, probably
why we have more than 20,000 ARIN Online accounts... :-)  Remember, we are
actively requesting all organizations to update their Point of Contact (POC)
information via electronic reminders.  More information about this program
and its progress was given at the Atlanta meeting:
<https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_XXV/PDF/Monday/Nobile_POC_Validation.pdf>

> Are we to assume by your statements that the 16/8 block HAS to have an LSRA

> signed, since the original recipients of this legacy block are no longer
> listed in the registration database?
> And, if this is the case, can we assume that justification was provided per
> NRPM 8.2?

ARIN doesn't discuss any organizations number resources in public due to privacy
issues; if you are a valid contact for the resources you may contact the
Registration Services Helpdesk <https://www.arin.net/resources/help_desk.html>

> Or is there some other policy mechanism whereby ARIN will make changes to
> that database to reflect private transfers of legacy addresses?

All transfers must meet the community developed and adopted policies at the
time of the request, and I've outlined those mechanisms which presently apply.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO