[arin-ppml] The role of NAT in IPv6

Gary T. Giesen ggiesen at akn.ca
Fri Mar 26 18:05:56 EDT 2010

If that's a concern, then get GUA space out of the gate and you'll never
renumber again. I believe GUA should be made cheap and relatively easy
to get (instead of something using something like ULA and NATing it).

While some will argue this will lead to an explosion in the v6 routing
table (and there is definitely merit to their argument), the aggregation
gains from people who don't need the capability (especially residential
customers) should more than offset it in the near term, buying time for
for the technology to progress and offer us more TCAM slots to deal with
it in the longer term.

GG