[arin-ppml] ULA-C and reverse DNS

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Mon Mar 22 16:43:57 EDT 2010

Corrected fragment below. As some may have guessed, I really
meant to say /23.

------------------
Am I confused here? Didn't our experiences with the swamp
give us VLSM and CIDR? These are good things. As is the whole
ARIN policy process which also was driven by experiences in
the swamp. I remember when I could ask for a /23 allocation,
and get two adjacent but non-aggregatable swamp /24 blocks instead.
That was due to lack of process, and lack of oversight. The
swamp was a good thing. It also drove vendors to better
algorithms in the routers (Patricia tries?) and better
hardware (TCAMs).

--Michael Dillon