[arin-ppml] ULA-C and reverse DNS

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Mon Mar 22 13:44:03 EDT 2010

    >> But: a) Is the price the same as for GUA?  b) Is the
    >> needs-requirement the same?  If the answer is YES, then it's not
    >> a policy. Its status quo.  If the answer is NO, then there are
    >> those that will argue that this will be used as a run-around
    >> "routing" policy.

    David> Are you suggesting that each sub part of an enterprise should
    David> be able get its own /48?  Are you suggesting there should be
    David> no limit to the number of /48s a enterprise can get?  It
    David> sounds to me like that is what you are suggesting.

Yes.

1,099,511,627,776   Number of /48s in a /8
    6,692,030,277   population of planet in 2008.

That's 164 /48s for every man/woman/child.

There is no scarcity.  Stop thinking like there is.
These networks are not connected and would be labelled as such.

] mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.