[arin-ppml] ULA-C and reverse DNS

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Mon Mar 22 12:25:07 EDT 2010

> Why not just take the address space and delegate /16s of it
> to each RIR in the same way we do now?

We don't want it to be aggregatable. However we could allocate
bunches of 1000 randomly generated ULA-C blocks to an RIR.
That might make it possible to have the RIRs run reverse
DNS service for their own customers. But the zones would be
a bit messy.

--Michael Dillon

P.S. I'm not yet convinced that reverse DNS is needed. If a mobile
device, is using ULA-C addresses, then it must have connectivity
to a network using ULA-C addresses, therefore it is inside that
network and can use private reverse DNS services.