[arin-ppml] Use of "reserved" address space.

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Jun 29 21:25:40 EDT 2010

On Jun 29, 2010, at 6:30 PM, Roger Marquis wrote:

> We would be happy to deploy more NAT, including LSN,
> if it means a smooth transition to IPv6, especially if it
> also means some responsible organization will someday take responsibility
> for A) the inevitable process of reclaiming unused legacy allocations,
> and B) denying new allocations to entities who can use NAT/LSN but are
> not.  Doesn't look like ARIN or the IETF is capable of being that
> organization though.

Roger -

  ARIN is responsible, but that's for the implementation of number
  resource policy which is actually adopted by the community.  If
  you want that policy to include unused legacy resource reclamation
  or no allocations for organizations which can make use of NAT/LSN,
  then you need to introduce policy proposals to that end.

  (See https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp_appendix_b.html regarding
   submitting policy proposals)

FYI,
/John