[arin-ppml] Use of "reserved" address space.

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sun Jun 27 22:10:44 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:
> In a message written on Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 11:09:24AM -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
>> But pulling resources off of IPv6 deployment to make this address space
>> workable, even in the scenarios you suggest simply doesn't make sense.
>> Taking resources away from a solution in order to propel a hack that will
>> by all accounts take nearly as long as the solution in order to develop
>> and deploy, especially when the solution already has momentum and
>> is accelerating simply doesn't make sense to me.
>
> The two are not mutually exclusive.  For instance, some providers
> have decided to deploy IPv6 over MPLS because their core devices
> can't support IPv6 forwarding in hardware.
>
> Seriously, do you really think this will draw critical resources away
> from IPv6?

Hi Leo,

If it does, it will surely include some of the folks on this mailing
list. So, if "YOU" believe that that "YOU" will spend less manpower
that you currently spend implementing IPv6 as a result of allocating
240/4 for private IP address space, please speak up now or at least
drop me a line privately so that we can either confirm the issue or
lay it to rest.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004