[arin-ppml] Ending point to point links as a justification for a /30?

Dennis Palmero DPALMERO at DELTA.ORG
Thu Jul 29 17:03:59 EDT 2010

>That it wont happen unless there is absolutely no choice? Is it really
>that bad? Why cant it win on its own merits?

Wise words, indeed.

I think this is indicative of a wide rift between agreement that there
is a problem (IPv4 exhaustion) but disagreement on _accepting_ the
solution (IPv6).  We know that IPv6 is the best solution we have right
now, but issues, both real and perceived, with IPv6 adoption means that
IPv6's defenders can come off rather strongly in an effort to forestall
greater IP-exhaustion problems down the line.

I wish there would be an IPv7 that was IPv4 backwards-compatible and
solved many of IPv6's negative-perceptions, but we'll have to deal with
what we have, especially in the time crunch that we have.

Dennis

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not an addressee, you may not copy or disclose the information, or act upon it, and you should delete it entirely from your e-mail system. Please notify the sender that you received this e-mail in error.