[arin-ppml] Petition for discussion of policy proposal 116 (Permitted Uses of Space Reserved Under NRPM 4.10)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jul 23 12:53:07 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> 3. The language in the existing 4.10 is not sufficiently specific to prevent
> a multitude of possible abuses of the reserved space that do not actually
> benefit a transition process.

I SUPPORT the petition to move proposal 116 forward to formal discussion.

Although I don't think the text of 116 completely captures its intent,
I believe that the likelihood of attempted misuse of the addresses
reserved for transition mechanisms merits further scrutiny. I believe
116 or similar proposals would both benefit from the more focused
discussion that an active proposal encourages and benefit from the
perspective offered by the folks at this fall's joint nanog-arin
meeting who don't camp PPML.

Speaking for myself. Address and particulars below.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004