[arin-ppml] Petition Underway - Policy Proposal 95: Customer Confidentiality - Time Sensitive

Bill Sandiford bill at telnetcommunications.com
Sun Jan 31 20:40:27 EST 2010

William Herrin wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Marla Azinger. Last PPML post September 2009
> Stacy Hughes. Last PPML post September 2009
> Heather Schiller. Last PPML post: July 2009
> Dan Alexander. Last PPML post: June 2009
> Bill Sandiford. Posted a message on the PPML exactly once.
> Marc Crandall. Has he *ever* participated on the PPML?
> Tom Zeller. No participation identified in the last decade of PPML
> archives.

Hi Bill:

I can't speak for any of the others, but I have only sat on the AC for a grand total of 31 days now.  After being elected, I decided that I was going observe for a little while before getting vocal.  I felt it was prudent to do so.  I also found that while observing, Scott, Owen, and David usually ask a lot of the questions that I would ask anyways.  I'm not about to repeat those questions ad nauseum just to increase my "post count".

The fact that I have not been *posting* does not mean that I (or the others for that matter) haven't spent a considerable amount of time *reading* the emails of others that are sent to PPML.  By my count there have been ~350 emails since January 31st alone, the reading of which takes a considerable amount of time.  I also appreciate that there are people like yourself that have spent the same amount of time reading and participating as well.

To summarize, just because I'm not posting, does not mean I'm not doing my job as an AC member.  I'm reading, gauging community opinion/consensus, and taking that feedback into consideration when the AC meets in order to create/advance good policy.

I look forward to meeting you and others of the community at the upcoming PPM in Toronto (my home town).

Regards,
Bill Sandiford