[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML Digest, Vol 55, Issue 76

Rudolph Daniel rudi.daniel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 19:20:23 EST 2010

I really cannot see any conceivable value in the argument that the AC can
make a bad decision. Decision yes but never a bad decision. The processes
surely, allows the community to reflect on decisions made by the
AC through the petition process.

And are 10 or more members of the community going to challenge an AC
decision just for the hell of it?  I think not.

RD

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 29, 2010, at 5:07 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> >> Of course it did. ?The success of the petition means one thing - that
> >> the AC made a bad decision.
> >
> > I disagree. ?I think the AC made the absolutely correct decision and that
> > the petition means that 10 or more members of the community disagree
> > with the AC's decision sufficiently strongly that they successfully
> > petitioned it. That's how the process is supposed to work. ?There's
> > nothing wrong with it.
>
> Hi Owen,
>
> That depends whether this one incident becomes a pattern. One incident
> standing alone means the process is working as intended. A pattern of
> incidents, should one develop, would mean that the AC is  suppressing
> public participation.
>
> Something to consider the next time you vote to abandon a policy
> simply because you think it's "bad." That isn't what you were elected
> to do.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Herrin
>

> --
> William D. Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
> 3005 Crane Dr. ...................... Web: <http://bill.herrin.us/>
> Falls Church, VA 22042-3004

> End of ARIN-PPML Digest, Vol 55, Issue 76

Rudi Daniel
e Business Consultant
http://www.svgpso.org
http://oecstimes.wordpress.com
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.” - Bertrand
Russell