[arin-ppml] Petition Underway - Policy Proposal 95: Customer Confidentiality - Time Sensitive

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sun Jan 31 11:35:47 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2010, at 5:07 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>> Of course it did.  The success of the petition means one thing - that
>> the AC made a bad decision.
>
> I disagree.  I think the AC made the absolutely correct decision and that
> the petition means that 10 or more members of the community disagree
> with the AC's decision sufficiently strongly that they successfully
> petitioned it. That's how the process is supposed to work.  There's
> nothing wrong with it.

Hi Owen,

That depends whether this one incident becomes a pattern. One incident
standing alone means the process is working as intended. A pattern of
incidents, should one develop, would mean that the AC is  suppressing
public participation.

Something to consider the next time you vote to abandon a policy
simply because you think it's "bad." That isn't what you were elected
to do.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004