[arin-ppml] Petition Underway - Policy Proposal 95: Customer Confidentiality - Time Sensitive

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Fri Jan 29 20:13:47 EST 2010

> No it does not.  Didn't you read your own proposal?  It doesn't
protect
> hosted and collocated customers AT ALL.  It protects the _ISP's_ that
> sell services to those hosted and collocated customers.

Exactly the same take I have on it.  Saying that it somehow "protects"
the end user is intellectually dishonest and seems more like "spin" than
anything else.

It is designed to protect the ISP's customer list, just as they have
said already in what debate has transpired.

There is no other benefit to anyone else that I can discern from reading
the proposal.