[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 95: Customer Confidentiality

Aaron Wendel aaron at wholesaleinternet.net
Fri Jan 29 13:44:37 EST 2010

George,

I don't think we're disagreeing per say.  I think we're looking at this from
different angles.

There are a couple reasons I chose not to eliminate SWIPs in the proposal;
One, it would never fly.  Two, I have customers that want to be SWIP'd and
are competent to field inquiries into their IP space and 3, I was looking
for a simple proposal that would protect my customer list while still
allowing others to see if a range was allocated, how much of it was
allocated and to who it was allocated (by name).  I felt that was a middle
ground that everyone could live with.

Plus ARIN still uses SWIP for justification.  They don't care who it's
assigned to, just that it's assigned.

Nothing in my proposal takes away from anything that is already functional.
It simply gives the ISP the ability, along with it's customer, to decide if
the address, phone number and e-mail should be displayed.  Name is still
required.

Aaron