[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 95: Customer Confidentiality

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Thu Jan 28 21:49:54 EST 2010

And there is another issue.  IP addresses aren't the property of the
service provider.  They are a community resource.  People holding a
community resource must be held accountable.  If SWIP information is
kept private, who is to know if someone has 10 /20 block from 10
different providers.

Private SWIP info seems to me to be a way to get around run-out and
quietly obtain more space from PA space than you can justify because you
simply don't tell provider A about space you have from provider B.

At this point in time, having anonymous SWIP is just a way for someone
to scam the system and accumulate IP addresses before run-out.

Because this proposal provides no benefit to the community at large, and
because it has the potential to facilitate abuse of all sorts of other
policy, I can't support this proposal.