[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2010-1: Waiting List for Unmet IPv4 Requests

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Wed Jan 27 05:42:29 EST 2010

michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:

>> Any and all requests that fall under this 'clause' category
>> shall be presented to the ARIN PPML mailing list without any
>> identifying information,
>
> I would hate to see the PPML mailing list abused in this way.
> If people want to see statistics on various ARIN activities,
> they can go to the meetings or follow the reporting on the
> ARIN website.

...well, one thing that I didn't expect was to have someone claim it as
an abuse of the PPML... I've seen far worse brought up on the list, but
I accept and digress ;)

My off-the-wall idea was not about 'statistics'. It was regarding
offering the community the ability to freely combat (or decide) on who
should be appropriated remnants of IP space (in a very specific
scenario, within a portion of a Draft Policy), in the only arena that I
know, that would alleviate ARIN as being the 'sole discretionary' in a
fair and equal manner.

"without any identifying information" != statistics, imho.

I don't recall mentioning any ARIN activities. Also, I'm working on
getting to the Toronto meeting, and I do follow the website.

> PPML is for discussing possible new policies.

Absolutely, but can you not replace your "new" in that sentence with
'old', 'ineffective', 'damaging', 'conceptual'? What about 'proposed'?

You always have great input... how do you think that 2.A. should be
addressed?

Steve