[arin-ppml] V6 address allocation policy

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Tue Jan 19 15:37:47 EST 2010

>     Leo> So, let's try this again.  Will your manager approve $0?
>
> Cost of 10.0.0.0/24 = $0.
> Cost of IPv6, > $0.

As an end user, I recently (mistakenly) asked for and received a /48
(should have been larger).

> Amount owed for this approval: $1250

It cost us $1250 notwithstanding the fact we already have a /21 IPv4
assignment

I had to get justification for that spending.  There was some pushback
in some areas and it went something like this:

Q: Why do we need this?