[arin-ppml] V6 address allocation policy

Martin Hannigan marty at akamai.com
Tue Jan 19 14:22:51 EST 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 3:17 PM, Jeremy H. Griffith wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:14:56 -0500, Martin Hannigan <marty at akamai.com>
> wrote:
>
> >The fee issue is a Red Herring.
> >
> >Smallest V4 Allocation Fee: $1250.00 /21 or longer (2048 unique
> >addresses)
> >Smallest V6 Allocation Fee: $1250.00 /48 or longer (154.7425049
> >septillion addresses)
> >
> >Section 11 of the NRPM also defines experimental allocations for both
> >v4 and v6 and there is a fee schedule supporting it.
>
> It must be really nice to work for a company where
> a mere $1250 doesn't matter.  Sure wish I did.
> Around here, anything over $99 is most unlikely to
> be approved, especially in the last year.  Or maybe
> you live on another planet?
>
> --JHG <jhg at omsys.com>

[ Thanks, Leo, for expanding ]

A large part of my function is dealing with costs and I don't
differentiate size. I don't consider it a mere $1250, I consider it as
"currently acceptable" as a cost of doing business based on how ARIN
funds itself (through these fees) and what they have reported back to
us in the yearly financial report.

How exactly are these costs impacting you outside of being bundled
with your transit cost?

Best,

-M<