[arin-ppml] V6 address allocation policy

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Mon Jan 18 16:20:08 EST 2010

Leo Bicknell wrote:

> t=0: Pay $1250 "initial allocation" for an IPv4 /21.

t=0: Pay absolutely nothing for my legacy IPv4 space
> t=1: Pay $1250 "renewal" for an IPv4 /21.

t=1: Continue to pay absolutely nothing for my legacy IPv4 space
> t=2: Pay $1250 "renewal" for an IPv4 /21.
>      Pay $0 for an IPv6 /48.

t=2: Continue to pay absolutely nothing for my legacy IPv4 space, don't
get any IPv6 space because I can't afford to pay the $1250 for PI IPv6
space for the project.

> t=3: Pay $1250, the max of:
>         $1250 for the IPv4 renewal
>         $1250 for the IPv6 renewal

t=3: Continue to pay absolutely nothing for my legacy IPv4 space,
continue to not experiment with IPv6 because I still can't pay the $1250
for the PI IPv6 space.

t=n: Sell enough of my legacy IPv4 space in a transfer market that I can
establish an ongoing account for my IPv6 space fees

Matthew Kaufman