[arin-ppml] V6 address allocation policy

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Mon Jan 18 00:18:07 EST 2010

I agree.  People needing just one net are likely to use the first net of
the block for local assignment or number facilities sequentially even
though they are asked not to.  I suppose the RIR's could issue space out
of FC00::/8 to anyone who asks and people still have FD00::/8 to use as
they wish.  That would mean no chance of a collision in FC00::/8 unless
connecting to someone numbered from a different RIR.  It's one more
thing for the RIR's to keep track of, though.

Basically it means changing the L bit to mean 1=assigned by the
organization  0=assigned by the organization's RIR