[arin-ppml] NRPM 2010.1 ­ New Policies Implemented

Martin Hannigan marty at akamai.com
Thu Jan 14 09:51:04 EST 2010

On Jan 14, 2010, at 6:52 AM, Lee Howard wrote:

> mean to ask how
> documents that
> > > >
> > > What I think is a much more interesting and relevant query is what
> > > happens if either of these policies flunk out of the GDP?  Does
> > > ARIN's board then reverse their adoption and scrap them?
> > >
> > Ted, I don't really know which is why I asked for clarification. I
> think, based
> > on my reading, that the policy stands. Seems like a hole in both
> PDP's.
>
> Yes, we should clarify this.  The NRO NC should clarify its process,
> and
> both the ARIN process and the status of global policy proposals
> within the
> ARIN region should be clearer.  I'll see what we can do.
>
> Lee

For all intents and purposes the global process is adequate. This is a
regional issue. Dave Wilson (a participant in the RIPE Address Policy
WG) identified this problem during the last RIPE meeting in Lisbon and
has stated that he may introduce a policy proposal in the RIPE region
to address it.

If I remember correctly, Dave was thinking that there would be a pause
with regards to the final acceptance in the region before formal
ratification. This might be adequate to prevent a situation where we
could be in a stranglehold. The pause might be a way to allow for any
contextual adjustments that may need to be made to foster better
cooperation.

Best Regards,

-M<