[arin-ppml] Proposal 99 -- Incorporating Staff and Legal comments

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jan 12 18:24:10 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> 4.3.6.2 Additional Assignments for Small Multihomers
>
> Any end-user that possesses an assignment smaller than /22 under any part of
> section 4.3 shall not be able to get an additional assignment unless they
> agree to return all existing 4.3 assignments within 12 months of receiving a
> new assignment.

Hi Owen,

Suggest a little wordsmithing here.

What if I have a /16, merge with a company that has a /24 and then
need an additional /20 to accommodate my growth? The above text could
be construed to require me to return the /24 -and- the /16 in order to
get the /20.

In general, I support this proposal.

Regards,
Bill Herrin