fm-lists at st-kilda.org
Fri Feb 26 18:02:55 EST 2010
On 26 Feb 2010, at 22:52, John Curran wrote:
> Milton - Is there an "ITU proposal" for CIRs? I'm not certain that
> actually seen such a proposal, and while I'm aware of both your and
> NAV6 ITU-funded studies, neither appears to contain an actual ITU CIR
> proposal. Could you point us to such a document, so that the
> can review and actually assess the operational impacts of it?
from the first post in the thread.
Terms of Reference
• To draft a global policy proposal for the reservation of a large
IPv6 block, taking into consideration the future needs of developing
countries, as outlined in paragraph 23 of C09/29.
• To further study possible methodologies and related implementation
mechanisms to ensure ‘equitable access’ to IPv6 resource by countries.
• To further study the possibility for ITU to become another Internet
Registry, and propose policies and procedures for ITU to manage a
reserved IPv6 block.
• To further study the feasibility and advisability of implementing
the CIR model for those countries who would request national
• To assist in the implementation of the project called for by
Resolution 64, taking into account the needs at regional and national
level in terms of capacity building and allocation policies.
• To report to ITU Council 2010.
More information about the ARIN-PPML