[arin-ppml] RIPE/ITU

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Feb 27 03:59:01 EST 2010

Milton,

Le 27/02/2010 06:33, Milton L Mueller a écrit :
> Stop fretting, John. I am not part of a vast ITU conspiracy. We have two docs on the table: one is the study proposal for CIRs prepared by prof. Ramadass, the other is the Terms of Reference McKay cites which clearly indicates that this is the direction some in Geneva would like to go. Ok, if you want to be picky we cannot say there is an "ITU proposal" yet, but its pretty clear what direction certain people there would like to move. I am suggesting that we engage in that discussion seriously.

I'd like to find out if this is the direction that the ITU *really* want
to go in, or whether it is the direction which a minority number of
members at ITU wish to push ITU into by being as vocal as possible in
public forums.
"There is no publicity as bad publicity" (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succ%C3%A8s_de_scandale )

Is it clear that all ITU members wish to like to move in this direction?

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD