[arin-ppml] RIPE/ITU

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Feb 26 13:26:53 EST 2010

Rudolph -

  Michael Dillon's response is right on target:  ARIN is more than willing to
consider proposals for structuring the management of registry services that
make sense for any geography, and this can follow what happened in the
APNIC and RIPE regions or can be a fully new region such as the creation
of LACNIC & AfriNIC from ARIN some years ago.  ARIN has done significant
outreach in the Caribbean region with this message but the most important
point is that the determination be led by the actual users of numbering
resources (e.g. ISPs, businesses, non-profits, educational organizations) in
the region and not imposed by arbitrary third-party organization from above.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN