[arin-ppml] IPv6 Multihomed networks

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Tue Feb 23 14:43:22 EST 2010

For those that feel that ARIN can never keep unconnected networks from
being routed globally, I wonder if you'd take the time to read the SIDR
work from IETF.

Consider what would happen if ARIN were to issue non-connected network
space, and bind it's use to a specific (dummy) ASN.  Once secure, the
public ("Internet") BGP system would never accept an announcement from
anyone attempting to announce that prefix from another ASN.

If some group of enterprises needed to do (I)BGP on their non-connected
networks (such as for VPN use), they would either create an exception to
SBGP, or they would introduce a second SIDR root CA into their routers.
(This is commonly done in S/MIME email system and HTTPS systems in many
enterprises)

] mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.