[arin-ppml] IPv6 Multihomed networks

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Mon Feb 22 20:47:01 EST 2010

Owen, I want to thank you for so clearly articulating the connection
between routing policy and numbering policy.

I am not disputing anything you write.

I want to point out that in IPv6, (SM)Enterprises and individuals are
already a subjugated class.  We are expected to use PA addresses.

Non-connected address spaces gives us freedom to change ISPs without
disrupting the internal network.

To those that say you can't run multiple prefixes on the same wire ---
it's true that there are issues, but it does work, and it does let you
change ISPs, and I've done it repeatedly.

] mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.