[arin-ppml] IPv6 Multihomed networks

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Mon Feb 22 20:33:14 EST 2010

On 2010.02.22 19:59, Owen DeLong wrote:
> I cannot speak for the entire AC, however:

> I'm all for relaxing the policies for routable space. I'm opposed
> to replacing them with a policy which was put in place under the
> guise of creating "non-routable" space.
>
> Making assignments for various things out of "a block reserved for
> that purpose" essentially creates an artificial class system.

Then there should be no distinction between 'private' and 'public', and
there should be no difference in policy requirements for acquiring either.

imho, if this is the case, then the entire discussion of "Non-connected
networks" is futile, isn't it?

I mean, if you already know that the path of least resistance is already
going to be allowed, why bother creating policy?

Steve