[arin-ppml] IPv6 Non-connected networks

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Mon Feb 22 10:26:58 EST 2010

> You run a large enterprise, you have some internal server
> things that you want v6 for but won't ever see the light of day.
> These servers/nets may interconnect with business partners
> today or as you M&A your way info infamy.
> You don't have 200 customers nor do you qualify for PI space
> (and you don't want that anyway), ULA doesn't provide enough
> uniqueness guarantee either...

ULA random (FD00::/8) does not provide the uniqueness guarantee.
There is another kind of ULA set aside for assignments to
organizations that would provide a uniqueness guarantee.

The problem is that the IETF has not yet figured out how
to manage assignments of FC00::/8.

As far as I know, there isn't currently an active Internet
draft on this topic.

--Michael Dillon