[arin-ppml] Draft policy 2010-3

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Feb 3 08:14:58 EST 2010

>  "The customer's actual information must be provided to ARIN
> on request and will be held in the strictest confidence."
>

> The wording of 2010-3:  I think that the "on request" should
> be a mandatory requirement. ARIN should not have to request it.

ARIN policy should not dictate staff processes. The process in
question is for the hostmaster to send an email saying that the
application was received but they would like to see a full list
of all assignments down to the last /32. A short time later, the
applicant sends a CSV file and the total man-hours spent on this
"on request" business is about 5 minutes.

I know this because I have received several such requests.
It's not a problem and it is unrelated to policy.

--Michael Dillon