[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2010-3: Customer Confidentiality

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Wed Feb 3 02:16:41 EST 2010

> Perhaps a *fair* solution is that ISPs who would rather suffer
> penetrating annual audits purchased by ARIN at the ISP's expense can
> forgo publishing customer information via SWIP while those who place
> their information in the public's hands remain relieved of that
> burden.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Herrin

For me the judgment call seems fairly simple.

>From the standpoint of someone who isn't a commercial ISP

what benefit does this proposal offer me?
What is the value of that benefit?

What is the benefit to the community at large of the proposal?
What is the value of that benefit?

What is the cost to the community of the proposal?

What is the cost to me of the proposal?

And then the question of whether to support it or not is weighed.  I
keep coming up with little/no benefit, high cost.