[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2010-3: Customer Confidentiality

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Tue Feb 2 17:51:23 EST 2010

On
> Behalf Of Antonio Querubin
> Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 2:35 PM
> To: Chris Grundemann
> Cc: ppml at arin.net
> Subject: Re: [arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2010-3: Customer Confidentiality
>
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Chris Grundemann wrote:
>
> > want) to register every cell-phone user or PC owner. We do still
want
> > to be able to contact network administrators who actually have the
> > ability to make changes on the network in question though. In some
> > cases, this is an ISP but in most cases involving an end-user who is
> > business, it is the end-user.

I don't believe there is a need to get beyond the realm of common sense.
I would not expect private users of internet services to be listed.  I
would, however, expect users who provide Internet services for the
general public and manage those services to be listed.

My cell phone is not delivering Internet services and neither is my home
network so neither should require listing.