[arin-ppml] Petition Underway - Policy Proposal 95

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Feb 2 14:47:41 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Chris Engel <cengel at sponsordirect.com> wrote:
> Could you point to the portion of ARIN's mission
> statement that covers regulating who a community
> member may be permited to have act as an agent for them?

Chris,

I would have no problem with allowing small consumers of IP addresses
to instruct the ISP to serve as his SWIP POC so long as the -default-
action was open publication. I don't see any compelling cause to deny
individuals consuming less than a /24 the right to retain their
privacy when they strongly desire to do so.

I wouldn't want to see it made a routine either-or decision, though.
Perhaps pair it with a dollar annual fee so that a customer who
doesn't care one way or the other participates in the SWIP system
instead of avoiding it.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004