[arin-ppml] Discussion Petition of ARIN-prop-125 Efficient Utilization of IPv4 Requires Dual-Stack

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Tue Dec 28 23:11:07 EST 2010

On 28/12/10 21:43 -0600, Frank Bulk - iName.com wrote:
>Except there are willing engineers/tech that are unable to create movement
>within their organization towards IPv6.  Like it or not, there are times
>when it's easier to wave a piece of paper (or an e-mail in this case) and
>tell ones' boss that we have to because the paper said, than try to make the
>case oneself.

I guess I'm quite fortunate to be working for a company that doesn't
operate like that. In an environment where internet technologies are
dominating the traditional ILEC service provider landscape, management here
seems to be quite eager to find out what kind of technical horizons we're
going to have to deal with, and dealing with them sooner rather than later.

It certainly helps to have good technical information to present to
management - and the letter ARIN send out a while back was a great move. I
still think that an organization is going to be better off by making
grounded decisions in reality - and of course I'd like to think the tech
folks have their ears closest to the tracks - than by ARIN telling
organizations, via their tech folks, that they have to do it.

--
Dan White