[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 124: Clarification of Section 4.2.4.4

Hannigan, Martin marty at akamai.com
Fri Dec 10 14:02:40 EST 2010

On 12/10/10 1:03 PM, "Owen DeLong" <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2010, at 9:24 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:
>

>> On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:10 AM, Hannigan, Martin wrote:
>>

>>> On 12/10/10 10:51 AM, "Owen DeLong" <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> [ snip ]

>>> How is this in opposition to good stewardship? To be clear, NRPM 8.3 is not
>>> being modified. The overshadowing language of NRPM 4.2.4.4 is being
>>> modified. In fact, it may be better to have no language and let the staff
>>> interpret the intent of the community with respect to the transfer policy in
>>> a similar to fashion as the globally coordinated transfer proposal may be
>>> interpreted.
>>>
>> The overshadowing language in 4.2.4.4 had strong community consensus
>> and is, I believe the intent of the community. Removing it is not, in my
>> opinion beneficial.

Define strong community consensus and show me where in the conversation it
was made clear that the effect was going to be that anything in the queue
was going to get squashed as a result? It really isn't clear and this is an
effect of having policy proposals that overly complex with relation to other
sections in the NRPM.

>> If you reduce your proposal to simply removing the adding this:
>>
> Sorry... That should have read:
>
> If you reduce your proposal to simply adding this:
>
>>  Any pending request submitted prior to that moment will continue to be
>> eligible for a twelve month supply of addresses as long as need is
>> established within thirty days of that moment.
>>
>> to 4.2.4.4, yes, I could support that.

I'm simply going to add back the paragraph with respect to the reference to
NRPM 8.3 and probably tighten up the time frame from 30 days to fifteen and
add some language that lets staff deal with frivolous applications.