[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 124: Clarification of Section 4.2.4.4

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Dec 10 12:24:09 EST 2010

On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:10 AM, Hannigan, Martin wrote:

> On 12/10/10 10:51 AM, "Owen DeLong" <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>

> [ snip ]
>

>> First, no, this activity is quite different from 8.3 and it is the
>> modification to
>> 8.3 that I am primarily objecting to.
>
> How is this in opposition to good stewardship? To be clear, NRPM 8.3 is not
> being modified. The overshadowing language of NRPM 4.2.4.4 is being
> modified. In fact, it may be better to have no language and let the staff
> interpret the intent of the community with respect to the transfer policy in
> a similar to fashion as the globally coordinated transfer proposal may be
> interpreted.

The overshadowing language in 4.2.4.4 had strong community consensus
and is, I believe the intent of the community. Removing it is not, in my
opinion beneficial.

If you reduce your proposal to simply removing the adding this:

 Any pending request submitted prior to that moment will continue to be eligible for a twelve month supply of addresses as long as need is established within thirty days of that moment.

to 4.2.4.4, yes, I could support that.

Owen