[arin-ppml] Emergency PDP process

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Fri Dec 3 16:26:12 EST 2010

I believe that this is a fine set of questions which should be answered and I think the timeframe is overdue.  It should have been accomplished after the first use of the emergency powers of the Board.  I understand from subsequent statements that they plan to be more deliberate next time....but whether there will be 'tests' as you say, I am not aware.

Personally thought, I think that at IANA run out, there will be time to consider all these measures and proposals.  John Curran, at an event last evening stated that he expects 6 mos. or more until ARIN run out.

I believe emergency constitutes...MUST do something NOW or else OBVIOUS and CERTAIN burdens will be sustained and that those burdens will be of SUBSTANTIAL magnitude without reasonable alternatives.

Perhaps that's an arguable start.

bd