[arin-ppml] Proposal 109 Petition

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Aug 10 14:36:29 EDT 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 11:02 AM, Aaron Wendel wrote:

> This petition was started on the 23rd of July. The PDP process allows for 5
> business days to voice support.  As far as I can tell those 5 days ended on
> 7/30.  Even allowing an extra day since it was late on the 23rd that puts
> the end of the petition at 8/2.

The 5 day clock does not start until publication of the AC meeting minutes.

> I count 6 supportive posts to the list between 7/23 and 8/2.  Far below the
> 10 needed.
>
> Has the policy changed that we leave this open indefinitely?  I notice that
> 116 was left open a couple extra days as well.

No. The policy was changed to start the 5 day count down upon publication
of the AC meeting minutes in which the action being petitioned was
decided.

This was done in order to allow the community to have time to consider
the petition with the full public facts of the AC decision.

> I dug through the archive since I seem to miss some of the mailings but
> couldn't find anything killing this petition.  Is it being left open or did
> someone drop the ball?

If I'm not mistaken, the minutes of the AC meeting in July have not
been published yet.

Owen