[arin-ppml] IPv6 Allocation Planning

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Aug 10 02:24:43 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Joel Jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com> wrote:
> In the end they're going to be deaggregated to more specifics than that
> for the same reason the are in ipv4.  being able to glob them together
> when possible into something shorter than a /32 is nice but it's not
> going to prevent the growth of prefix length.

Of course. But on whose terms? Theirs? Or ours? I'd rather it be
theirs; routing policy should be controlled by the people who pay for
the routers. But that's only possible if we don't fumble the relevant
components of the address allocation practices.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004