[arin-ppml] Defcon speaker calls IPv6 a 'security nightmare'

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:25:24 EDT 2010

> More unanswered questions for IPv6 nat-o-phobes:
>
>  <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/06/ipv6_security_nightmare/>
>
>  "It is extremely important for hackers to get in here fast because IPv6
>  is a security nightmare," Sam Bowne, an instructor  in the Computer
>  Networking and Information Technology Department at the City College of
>  San Francisco, said on day one of the Defcon hacker conference in Las
>  Vegas. "We're coming into a time of crisis and no one is ready."

Obviously there is a bit of extremism / alarmism there ... the truth is that
some are ready, but many more aren't (yet?).

IMHO, we should focus on getting as many of the latter moved forward as
possible - rather than trying to scare everyone away from the solution.
(Especially when quoted out of context; sound bites (and the written
equivalent) can be rather misleading).

/TJ