[arin-ppml] Set aside round deux

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Aug 4 04:31:07 EDT 2010

> A simple stateful inspection firewall will provide at least as much
> security as NAT, be much simpler with less overhead, simplify
> troubleshooting and provide an easy method of reversal should rolls
> change or troubleshooting require.

Announcing the new STeadySTate IPv6 NAT Firewall!

Our new No-Address-Translation firewall is the perfect accompaniment to
your home's luxurious décor. Sitting silently by the telco demarc point,
the STeadySTate firewall blocks all incoming IPv6 packets unless you
have specifically asked for them. This IPv6 NAT firewall function is
the same as you are used to on IPv4 NAT devices, but with the added
IPv6 feature of No-Address Translation. This means that you no longer
have to run your entire household on one measly IPv4 address. Now your
ISP will give you an entire /56 block with millions of addresses which
you can use to subnet your home into separate discrete and confidential
networks. The STeadySTate IPv6 NAT Firewall is perfect for defining a
separate public WiFi network for guests in your home, for setting up
a bandwidth-limited teenager network for the kids, and a separate
subnet for Mom in the in-law suite.

Remember to ask for it by name, the STeadySTate IPv6 NAT Firewall with
the added oomph of No-Address Translation, the superior IPv6 protection
for your home.

--Michael Dillon

P.S. Consumers rule!