[arin-ppml] Set aside round deux

Warren Johnson warren at wholesaleinternet.com
Sun Aug 1 17:47:07 EDT 2010

There is always a price.  It's straight forward to calculate.  Supposing
that selling my IP allocations to another org puts me out of business, how
much would I make in the next 5 (you pick the time frame if you want) years
in my current business venture.  Add on to that number consideration for
market value, supply-and-demand etc and you wind up with a selling price.
The bigger question is whether that number will be too high for the buyer.

I am of the opinion that the Internet will continue to require v4 IP
addresses for a long time to come and anyone who wants to play in the big
game will have to acquire them somewhere.  It is not impossible to imagine a
relatively closed system that tremendously favors the incumbents until such
time as new technology completely supersedes the current one.

I won't go into any more detail about my opinions because last time I did
that I got called a troll ;-).