[arin-ppml] IPv6 Guarantee

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Apr 26 22:41:22 EDT 2010

All this rubbish about IPv6 as insurance popped an idea into my head:

The IPv6 guarantee:
20% or it's free

Every January 1, ARIN will determine whether at least 20% of typical
residential packets on ARIN-territory Internet connections are carried
via IPv6, as reported by scientifically defensible studies. If not,
all registrants who both hold IPv6 registrations and route the
registered address blocks on the public Internet will receive a full
refund of any registration, maintenance or other ARIN fees incurred in
the prior year solely as a consequence of the IPv6 registration.

Do we -really- believe in IPv6? Lets prove it.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004